Saturday, February 1, 2014

Unique floral accents ahead!


  Even in the "off season", I've been staying incredibly busy with meeting new brides and grooms and coming up with floral concepts for their weddings. I'm pleasantly surprised (and humbled) by how quickly summer and fall are filling up; I have so many different weddings to look forward to! The design trends for 2014 are steering toward a vintage vibe and one-of-a-kind custom accents to the bouquets and boutonnieres are hotter than ever. Here are a few of the unique accessories I'm looking forward to this bridal season...

Lace and burlap are still the reigning kings of wedding bouquet handles. If you have lace on your wedding dress, be sure to send a picture so we can coordinate the lace on your bouquet with the lace detailing on your dress!


Succulents with a mix of flowers is still one of my favorite accents in a bouquet. It adds a touch of natural whimsy for an unexpected modern take on a wedding bouquet.

I don't think bling in a bouquet will ever go out of style, but I'm loving the rhinestone brooches as a more eye-catching alternative to the smaller gems and sprays.

Hops! Definitely my husband's favorite accents this year, I'll be designing a brew themed wedding bouquet featuring our own homegrown hops.



Vintage milk glass vases will be featured as centerpieces for a vintage baseball inspired wedding this summer. They'll be filled with classic red roses and navy viburnum berry.


  If you haven't booked your wedding date with me (or any other florist) my advice to you is to reach out and first find out if your date is open. If it is, schedule a consult and book your date! Florology consults are free and are a great way for me to get to know you and your distinct style and vision. I only book a certain number of brides in one weekend because I take great pride in devoting 100% of my creativity and time to my brides. If you are looking for a one on one experience and stunning unique floral compositions, contact me today to schedule your wedding consult and book your special day!

  Felicia Kohlhagen
  www.florologydesigns.com
  www.facebook.com/florology